- Family News
Haga Click para Espanol
Hi SPARKS' parents-
The second set of overdue book notices are going out Friday. If your student receives a notice, you are able to do 1 of 3 things:
1) Return the book.
2) Replace the book with a hardcover edition.
3) Pay the book fee noted on the notice to Mrs. Roque.
If you have received an overdue book notice by mistake, please reach out to Mrs. Roque on Class Dojo or by email email@example.com
2023 Back-to-School Fest Robo Call Script
Mayor Sylvester Turner & the City of Houston, along with presenting sponsor Shell, invite students and parents to the 13th Annual City of Houston Back to School Fest. The event is free and will offer health screenings and immunizations, health and social service information, children’s activities, free school supplies, and backpacks for 25,000 elementary school students. It is recommended that students starting K through 5th grade pre-register to attend. For additional information and to pre-register, visit www.houstontx.gov/btsf. That’s www.houstontx.gov/btsf. Thank you on behalf of the City of Houston!
Dear Sparks Families,
Please be sure to review your child’s backpack/folder for a medication pick-up notice. Please arrange to pick up your child’s medication on the last days of school: May 30, May 31, and June 1, 2023. I have also attached new health forms for next school year to be completed during the summer.
Please feel free to reach out to me for any forms you may need.
Have a safe and fun summer break!
Nida Ahmad, RN
This year parents are invited to come and watch their students participate in Field Day:
- Only 2 adult spectators per student will be allowed to come. No younger siblings or other children will be permitted for safety reasons.
- Parking will be limited so carpooling is suggested.
- Each visitor must fill out the Field Day RSVP form prior to the event.
- Each spectator MUST fill out this form individually for each student they plan to watch. In example, if 2 adults plan to attend 1st grade and 3rd grade field day with their student, they will each fill out a form for 1st grade field day AND 3rd grade field day (4 forms total). If you do not RSVP, you will not be admitted to attend field day.
- Sign-up will end on Tuesday, May 23.
- Check-in will start 30min prior the event.
- Students may go home after Field Day but MUST be checked out prior to leaving. You must sign out with your child’s teacher.
This year our Field Day will consist of more wet activities, so a change of clothes and a plastic bag in your child’s backpack is REQUIRED. If a student does not bring a change of clothes, they will not be able to participate in the water activities. A hat and sunscreen are encouraged. We may NOT put sunscreen on students, and they can NOT bring sunscreen to school. Sunscreen must be put on at home.
- School starts at 7:25 am and dismissal starts at 3:00 pm.
- The front office CLOSES EVERY DAY from 2:45 pm to 3:15 pm in order to prepare for dismissal.
- Birthdays are celebrated on Fridays ONLY, make sure you drop off the treats BEFORE 9:30 am (store-bought cupcakes, chips, juices, and goodie bags are accepted). NO WARM food is allowed.
- There will be NO special meal deliveries for the remainder of the school year.
- We DO NOT accept deliveries after 9:30 am, this includes snacks for the class, lunch bags...
- Physical IDs are REQUIRED to pick up students from the front office before dismissal time.
- If you need to add an emergency contact for your student, please come to the front office to fill out the form.
- After-school program parents, please wait in your car until dismissal starts, We can't have families wait in the lobby when staff is not present (The office closes at 4:00 pm)
Flip-flops, slides, and Crocs should not be worn to school.
Thursday- May 25th Field Day
8:30 am - 9:30 am
GLOW, SHINE, SOAR
9:45 am - 10:45 am
11:00 am - 12:00 am
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Friday- May 26th Field Day
8:30 am - 10:00 am
10:15 am - 11:45 am
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
- Family Notes